50 PLUS DIY Outdoor Summer Activities! ~ Create it. Go!

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

50 PLUS DIY Outdoor Summer Activities!

I love encouraging my kids to play outside in the summer. Some days it's all about the water and keeping cool and hanging out at the pool. BUT I love having things at the house to keep them happy and let some of that energy out too, so today I wanted to share a collection of DIY Summertime activities that you can do outside!

The first one is a DIY Large Checkers game I made a couple years ago. (The original post is here.)


It's so fun and great to take with you anywhere! All I used was some different kinds of wood branches to make the wood chips and some bandanas to make the checkerboard with. Perfect for those Fourth of July picnics, camping, and at home in the backyard OR inside on those super hot days!




The next one is one we are going to make this summer. It's a water blog from Gingerscnapcrafts. It looks like soooo much fun and she gives a great tutorial on how to make one here.

water blob

I love this collection of Ridiculously Awesome things to do in your backyard found here on Buzzfeed. Check out that pool!


Build a swimming pool out of bales of hay. | 37 Ridiculously Awesome Things To Do In Your Backyard This Summer

Here are a few more water fun activities that you can do yourself from Frugal Coupon Living:

Six Awesome Ways to do Water Play with Kids #Summer #Water #Play http://www.frugalcouponliving.com/2013/07/14/six-awesome-ways-to-do-water-play-with-kids-diy-pinterest/

and lastly, we'll end with some more lawn games that you can make and do this summer here from Creating Really Awesome Free things. Check out all the fun ideas they have here!

18 DIY backyard lawn games that everyone can enjoy!

I don't know about you, but we're super excited to try some of these fun ideas out this summer at our house! Happy Summer Everyone!

3 comments:

Ginger@gingersnapcrafts.com said...

I want to try some of these! :) Love your checkers set. So cute!

Schwartz Brothers Landscape Solutions said...

Really pleased with the level of service and my yard looks great. Everyone involved was professional and clearly are proud of their work. Their Schwartz Brothers Landscape Solutions is on point. The mowing is done bi-weekly - you can set your watch by it. These guys are friendly and with their customer support team is THE BEST…

Spencer @ Own The Yard said...

I was very pleased to find this web-site.I wanted to thanks for your time for this wonderful read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you blog post.