Love our Zaycon Fresh Chicken! ~ Create it. Go!

Thursday, June 25, 2015

Love our Zaycon Fresh Chicken!

All opinions are mine and mine alone.
This post brought to you by Create it. Go! 

Warning: If you get squeamish at just the sight of raw meat, well, let's just say there is raw meat pictures in this post. haha It's just chicken though. ;)

If you follow me at all, you probably know that we like to eat mainly whole foods, and clean eating. I make almost everything from scratch and we avoid a lot of gluten, dairy, and sugar in our house. We avoid more than that due to some allergies, but those are all big ones.

One thing I have found that I love is ordering our chicken through Zaycon Fresh online. I first started ordering from Zaycon a few years ago, and still love it today. Aside from raising my own chickens, I have found it to be the best chicken and best deal that I can find for my family.

I love that it comes fresh and has never been frozen. In fact the first time I went to pick up my order of their boneless, skinless chicken breasts, the delivery driver joked with me telling me that they might still be flopping around a bit. Haha

But truly, they are fresh. You order online and print your receipt. 



Great prices!


Then you take your receipt with you the day of the designated delivery to go pick up your order. The chicken will come in a box, super cold, but not frozen. They help load it into your car and then I head home. 


I try and have my freezer bags ready at home ahead of time, because when I get home, I need to get that chicken separated and into the freezer.


 They're great about bagging it all up good, so that you don't have leaking chicken juice in your car. (They even put a plastic liner under the box in your car when they load it for you.) Then inside the box, you find another 2-3 bags before you get to the chicken breasts.


The chicken breasts are HUGE too! I took this picture trying to show you the size, but I still am not sure it does it justice. They're just HUGE!



BUT, even though they are huge, rest assured that they don't include hormones. In fact, this is taken directly from their website about their chicken breasts:

  • Comes directly from the farm
  • Sold by the case — 40 lbs in each case
  • Case dimensions—18 in wide x 12 in deep x 7 in tall
  • No hormones added. Federal regulations prohibit the use of hormones
  • 100% natural chicken, minimally processed, with no additives or artificial ingredients

Okay, back to me. 
So, I have my bags ready and I just start splitting the chicken up into my freezer bags. 


My hands are freezing!!! by the time I am done, but I love love love doing it this way, because now I have chicken for the next few months all ready to pull out and go for our meals. 


So, if you like to order things in bulk, if you like great prices and if you like chicken (They also sell seafood, beef, bacon, and more...) check out Zaycon Fresh and see if they deliver near you and when the next delivery date is. AND...if it's just too much meat for you, split your order with a friend. Works great! They never disappoint me!

0 comments: