From this to that Friday-Nativity Wood chip Style! ~ Create it. Go!

Friday, November 15, 2013

From this to that Friday-Nativity Wood chip Style!

So So So excited to share this week's From this to that Friday with you!!! I thought of this last year and never got a chance to make it until recently. All you need is some old branches cut into chips and a sharpie and a stencil. I used my vinyl to cut out and make a stencil, but you can use ANY kind of stencil! So easy!!!!

I went from this:
to:
Isn't it so beautiful and soooo simple! I literally took some wood chips, laid out my vinyl stencil on them. I tried spray painting then...didn't work so well, so I thought, why not try a sharpie and wala!
Then I just hot glued some little black ribbon to the back to make a loop to hang it from. (You can also drill holes instead, but the wood tends to crack...) Then I grabbed some twine and strung them all together! Intertwined it with a pre-lit green garland and am in love!


  Maybe I should apologize for the huge amount of pics, but I wanted to show it from so many angles and so many of the nativity pieces. Just love it!



 Another way you can display them is as ornaments! So easy and cute too!

 So, if you are a bit handy (or your husband is) and are up for a super quick, easy, and inexpensive project this Christmas, this is for you!!!








 Too pretty to take down. Guess I'll have to have Thanksgiving AND Christmas decorations up together, haha


17 comments:

Katrina said...

So how do I get a stencil so I can do something like this? This is absolutely perfect for my family ornaments this year! Could I get a stencil from you for this? I LOVE THIS!!!

Nancy Phillips said...

As usual, you help to beautify the world. Thanks for sharing your creativity!

Ginger@gingersnapcrafts.com said...

You are a crafty genius! :) Love it!

robyncreates said...

Nah, that's YOUR title! haha We need to figure out when we can get together to craft! :)

robyncreates said...

Thanks!I have come realization about why I like to craft. Creating makes me happy. Even when life is busy and crazy and I am up late doing it, it makes me happy. :)

robyncreates said...

Katrina, email me at createitgo@gmail.com and I can talk to you about getting a vinyl stencil to you. :)

Amy said...

Are the stencils available for purchase online somewhere? LOVE this.

robyncreates said...

Amy, You can email me at createitgo@gmail.com to get details for the stencils. :) Thanks!

Steph Thomas said...

This would almost be something that I could do. If I ever find some wood for this I will be emailing you about the stencils. I will be seeing Katrina at Thanksgiving (she's my SIL) so I am curious if she has done it yet or not. This could actually be a really fun FHE activity. hmmmmm I might be on to something here.

Steph Thomas said...

If I could figure out how to do this it would be an incredible Christmas gift to those I visit teach and friends.....maybe.....:)

robyncreates said...

I posted the answer to lots of questions that I have been getting on this here:
http://www.createitgo.com/2014/10/attention-to-nativity-wood-chip-garland_24.html

and the stencil is for say in my etsy shop here:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/171472410/nativity-stencil-stencil-only

Thanks everyone!

Tpal said...

This is soooo!!! cute. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

What font did you use for the first block? Love this project!!

Shari said...

I think I'll make these and put them on a wreath! Excited about this one. :)

Cafe with Kim said...

How have I not seen this? Looking for something that my kids can see and touch! now, looking for Ideas for next year, didn't see the stencil on your site. If you have a picture of all of them I will just free hand it as best I can... now to go find a branch! thanks for any help!

Anonymous said...

Sorry but the stencils are no longer available for sale. I closed my shop a couple years ago. Thanks! Robyn

Anonymous said...

Hi how do I get the stencils for this?