Catapult Science Project ~ Create it. Go!

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Catapult Science Project

So how many of you procrastinate? I sure do! I always work better under pressure, but not always sure that's a good thing. And I hope I haven't passed that on to my kids. But my oldest might be in trouble!

He had to do his first science fair project this past week and didn't start it nearly in enough time in my mind. (Since I was up until 1:30 am with him helping him finish it the night before it was due.) After it, I could tell that he was proud of it and he said, "If I knew it was going to be that much work, I would have started it sooner!" (It didn't matter that I had mentioned for him to do just that a few times in the past couple of weeks...grrrr)

If you are looking for how to make a tabletop catapult, we found several designs here:
http://www.stormthecastle.com/catapult/how-to-build-a-catapult.htm 

Ours is basically like one of the very first ones posted with the list of items and even lengths listed and rubber bands.
It was fun trying it out with him though. I'm sure glad I have a handy husband that can go make something like this ping pong catapult with him though!




 Anyway...just thought it was kinda fun and thought I would share. Happy Wednesday Everyone! We're half way through the week already!

6 comments:

The Bergquist Fam said...

love that your camera caught the ball flying in pic 3 :)

robyncreates said...

Ha! that took a few shots to get it. :) Thx!

Anonymous said...

bruh tatstic

Anonymous said...

I went to that website, and i did not see any catapult that looked like the one you guys did. Help?

Anonymous said...

What are the dimensions of this catapult

Nicole said...

I'm am so glad to have found this. What a big help thank you for sharing.