Valentine Gifts Galore; Day 5: Hot Air Balloon Valentine ~ Create it. Go!

Friday, January 22, 2016

Valentine Gifts Galore; Day 5: Hot Air Balloon Valentine

Well, today is our last day of a week filled with DIY Valentine ideas. Which one has been your favorite so far? 

I've saved the best for last, because today's is just as easy and soooooo cute and fun and sure to catch some eyes. I love this one for teachers, kids, or your loved one. It's so fun and so easy! 
It's my favorite one this week!


It's a hot air balloon valentine that is so easy to make! 
  
All you need is:

4 decorative straws (I found mine in a set of 10 at the dollar spot at Target.)
1 "basket" (box, small round tin...anything to be the "basket" at the bottom)
and 1 regular latex balloon (not helium filled

Here are a couple of boxes I found that would work for the basket. I found them at Target in the dollar spot again and at Walmart. 


I decided to go with the red and white one, added straws to all four corners and used glue dots to hold them in place. Then I started adding the candy.


Before I finished adding the candy, I ended up cutting the lid off of the box. I blew up the balloon and nestled it in between all four straws and again added glue dots (one to each straw) to hold the balloon in place.


Then add more candy! Wala! So impressive and fun! And so inexpensive, fast and easy to make! AND I love all of the fun things you can put on a card with it! You make my heart soar! You make my mind soar! (for a teacher) and so many more!


What would you have it say and who would you give it to? I'd love to hear your ideas too!

Hope you have enjoyed this week full of DIY Valentine ideas. If you're just catching the tail end of the week, check back over the last several days at more than 20 DIY Valentine ideas!

This project was made while on the Glue Dots Design team.

4 comments:

research paper service said...

Lovely, such a great valentines day gift for the loved ones, they will love this for sure and this is the great idea for the better and lovely valentines day celebration.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ralph Carpenter said...

I have been doing do it yourself projects with my girlfriend for a while now. We make them, put the in out gallery, or give it out to friends as presents. This is so creative and i would not like trying.

shawn said...

Thanks For This. I tried it and it turned out good. Share more things like this.