Easy Peasy Bunny Cake ~ Create it. Go!

Monday, March 7, 2016

Easy Peasy Bunny Cake

I remember making these fun bunny cakes when I was a kid, and now I get to help my own kiddos make them. They're so easy and turn out so cute and fun!



Easy Peasy Fuzzy Bunny Cake
Recipe:
1 cake mix
White frosting
Coconut flakes
Hostess Snowball Cake Snacks
Shoestring licorice
Jelly beans

And the not edible part: Cardstock for the ears

So, here's what you do. 
Choose a cake mix of your choice and bake in your typical round baking pans. (This will make two bunny cakes.)

When the cake is baked and completely cooled, cut the cake circles in half and stand them up next to each other. 
Spread frosting between the two halves to "adhere" them together.


Frost the outside of the cakes then. And no worries about making the frosting look pretty and perfect, because you're going to add the bunnies "fuzz" over the top of the frosting anyway.


Take two white Hostess snowball snack cakes and add to one end of the cakes for the bunny's tails.


Next, take some coconut flakes and sprinkle all over both cakes to make the bunnies "fuzzy".



You're already almost done. Now you want to grab some cardstock and cut out some cute bunny ears.


Cut a little slit in the cake where you want to place the ears and tuck the ears into that slit. Use jelly beans for the bunny's eyes and nose.


Now, take some shoestring licorice and cut it for the cute little whiskers. 
(I used the twisted rope licorice and used the purple strand for this.)


And there you go! The cutest little pair of bunny cakes!



You gotta love their tails too!


Hope you have a great week and Easter!

8 comments:

Best Tactical Vest said...

I am really very happy to find this particular site. I just wanted to say thank you for this huge read!! I absolutely enjoying every petite bit of it and I have you bookmarked to test out new substance you post.

Best Pocket Knives said...

Helpful information. Lucky me I found your website accidentally, and I am shocked why this twist of fate did not came about in advance! I bookmarked it.

E-Z appetite said...

The bunnies on the pastry look so cute.

Unknown said...

I really enjoy reading and also appreciate your work. youtube video downloader

Unknown said...

It is a great website.. The Design looks very good.. Keep working like that!. Instagram uploader

Unknown said...

I would like to say that this blog really convinced me to do it! Thanks, very good post. instagram online viewer

Unknown said...

Thank you very much for this beautiful blog. I really love visiting here often because of your fantastic and interesting post! instagram online web viewer

Kerry Schultz said...

I was finding a gift for my bae to give him on valentine's day. This post gave a really good idea to gift him. I would like to see its more ideas. Thanks!