Seasons of Life and Balancing it all ~ Create it. Go!

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Seasons of Life and Balancing it all

It's been awhile since I've been on here. I've still been pretty active on my FB and Instagram sites, but real life has taken over for me the last few months. And I've decided that's ok. It's all about seasons of life and balancing and right now, in this season, it's all I can do to get through some days and get my kids fed. Not necessarily the funnest and most glamorous of times for me (haha), but needed right now.

I announced that I was pregnant last fall and was sick. A lot! So, I've been pregnant and sick before, but nothing like this. It usually goes away by week 16 for me, and frankly it has not gone away this time. I am not sure I would have had more kids (or at least this many!) if every pregnancy was like this. It's like having the flu for 9 months! I've always had some issues like bad acid/heartburn when pregnant and my leg going numb when I am up very long, rashes, etc. But on top of that, I recently discovered that for the first time, I have gestational diabetes and low iron, so now my days seem to revolve around 1) my family (getting kids fed and to school and HW done), laying down constantly bc that's the only way I feel halfway normal still, trying to keep up with laundry, dishes, etc. and now 2) eating...I feel like I have to think about it all.day.long. lol I have to get up and check my blood sugar (and my fasting levels are always high!) So that kinda stresses me just to check my blood sugar, but I try not to stress, bc that also raises them! Ugh! Then I count carbs and protein levels of everything I eat all day. I time myself when I eat to when I have to again check my blood sugar levels, and then need to snack in between each meal and make sure I get ENOUGH carbs in...and this all while still not feeling well and really, just wanting some dang pizza! lol I am sure many others have gone through the same, and really this is a minor complication in pregnancy, compared to so many others. This isn't a sob story. I'm just saying it's affected my everyday. Thus, the lack of posts. :)

Anyway, I'm on the downhill at 31 weeks tomorrow! Yay! And still enjoy creating and can't wait to do more of it again soon! It's just as much fun while you are feeling sick. haha So thanks to all that have asked how I have been and have kept in touch through FB and Instagram.

Check back this week though, bc I have a couple of fun posts coming up!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your Wood slice garland nativity in Country Sampler's Christmas Decorating Magazine. Do you mever make them to sell? If so, how much are they? I like to do crafts, but think this one is beyond me and ILove It!
Blanche Sword. Email jimsword@comcast.com